2 buyers missed out on this fabulous property so if you are thinking of selling your home, contact a specialist of high caliber homes - Kim Findlay 0404 461 174 - 25 years of local knowledge
Under instructions for genuine sale this 2006 Architecturally designed, Balinese inspired executive villa, is so close to the banks of the Swan River you can almost see it! Straddling an 867sqm block in tightly held and admired Fauntleroy Avenue. A home of generous proportions comprising 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, this two storey home has been designed to take advantage of the outlook and location by straying from the norm and creating the living, meals, and entertaining spaces upstairs - affectionately known as an upside down home.
The brains trust was the multi award-winning architect, Bruce Jackson, who designs homes inspired by Balinese architecture. Using nature at its best to provide a perfect home that is in tune with its environment, this provides a calm and relaxing atmosphere that forces you to reflect and be at one with the earth. Bruce Jackson's focus on Bali, specifically for Western Australia can be seen from this stunning home which features the extensive use of natural materials. From the fundamental design, with wide eaves to the roof and built-in underground drainage, guttering to the property is not required. How relaxing to listen to the rain running from the roof onto the stones below? Reticulation to the property is below ground, again adhering to the strict aesthetic principles of the build.
Features include but are not limited to:
- A grand portico styled entry foyer with timber decking welcomes you into the home. You immediately relax to the sound of water as you pass by the fishpond and through the traditional timber double doors that invite you to look beyond to the backyard garden views via the full-sized window.
- The living room is fully tiled with ceiling fan, wall to wall storage area and cedar shutters which open onto the ground floor alfresco area with cedar lined roof and a 6 seat Teppanyaki table that takes centre stage over the pool and gardens - perfect for entertaining on balmy summer nights.
- The master suite with Balinese accenting looks onto an open ensuite with granite benchtops and basin with large rattan mirror. The separate shower recess features traditional stone tiling and a large deep spa bath that looks onto a private garden. Teak bi-fold doors and shutters also open directly onto the outdoor alfresco area.
- The secondary (all doubles size) bedrooms all come complete with BIR's, ceiling fans and air-conditioning.
- The main bathroom with traditional vanity, rattan mirror and separate shower recess provides direct access to the backyard so you can rinse off after a swim.
- The laundry has loads of bench space and linen storage. With direct access to washing line
- A sparkling below ground concrete pool with feature stone stack water wall with tranquil waterspouts (pool 9.5m x 4.5m). Above the pool sits a large 4 post cabana hut with travertine flooring the perfect lazing zone on a summers day.
- An expansive open plan living room air-conditioned with rattan raked ceilings and ceiling fan with marri hardwood flooring which overlooks the alfresco area accessed via bi-fold doors.
- The family sized Kitchen has granite bench tops, timber cupboards with rattan inserts and boasts a free-standing island bench. The appliances are stainless steel including a dishwasher, 900w freestanding upright oven combo with canopy rangehood, triple sink with flick mixer and water filter. The pantry is huge as is the views out to the vast reserve parklands from the kitchen windows. A 28-bottle wine storage area above the fridge recess is ideal for those who like to enjoy a vino at sunset.
- The meals area is adjacent the kitchen and looks onto the alfresco area.
- The alfresco area is undoubtedly the nervous centre of the home with a cluster of full length teak bi-fold doors bringing the outside in. With gorgeous views out over the tree canopy, pool area and slight glimpses of the River, all designed to allure you at dusk to take an afternoon walk, if you can pull yourself away from this prime position of relaxation. The alfresco area has a cedar lined roof, rattan ceiling fan, timber balustrading, cafe blinds and concrete flooring ensuring all year-round comfort.
- A powder room with a wcs is provided for guests
WORTHY OF A MENTION
- Mexican Saltillo floor tiles throughout the entry foyer, main living room, passageway and stairs
- The double lock-up garage with internal shopper door entry also comes with 2 dedicated storage areas and an under-stair 3rd storage area.
- Ample room to park your boat or caravan
- Solar power is provided via no less than 20 solar panels
- Gas available and connected - bayonets, hotplates and hws
- CCTV throughout the home
- Front Intercom access
- Underground reticulation system
- Pool filtration is a sand filter, salt water with self-chlorinator. An automatic pool cleaner is also provided.
- 868sqm with 20.12m frontage
The home is situated in the sought after tightly held pocket of the fringing Swan River suburb, Ascot. Vast open parklands are opposite and with the river beyond the back gardens, you are surrounded by nature while only 10 minutes' drive to the Burswood entertainment precinct and a mere 15 minutes from the CBD.
For more information or to schedule a viewing contact the selling agent Kim Findlay on 0404 461 174